What is the study about?
The SARTAN-AD study is comparing the effects of two approved medications for high blood pressure – Telmisartan and Perindopril – on their ability to maintain brain function in people with mild to moderate Alzheimer’s disease.
Eligibility–Who can participate?
- Be 50 years of age or older
- Have a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease
- Have had a previous MRI or CT brain scan
- Have a study partner who can come to all study visits
- Screening visit
- In-person—3 hours
- Phone/Email – 10 min
- In-Person MRI -1 hour
- Baseline visit (in person)—4 hours
- Week 2 follow-up (phone or in person)—15-30 mins
- Month 1 follow-up (in person)—1 hour
- Month 3 follow-up (phone or in person)—1 hour
- Month 6 follow-up (in person)—4 hours
- Month 9 follow-up (phone or in person)—1 hour
- Month 12 follow-up (in person)—5 hours
Drs. Sandra Black and Sanjeev Kumar
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH)
Address: 1001 Queen St W, Toronto, ON M6J 1H4Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre