Canadian Hearing Services is a not-for-profit agency providing programs and services for individuals with hearing loss, their families and caregivers. Our services help individuals improve communication with family and friends, stay involved in social activities and remain safe and independent at home.
Hearing Care Counselling for ages 55+
Canadian Hearing Services offers free hearing care counselling services to individuals 55 and over. External referrals and self referrals are accepted.
Our hearing care counsellors provide clients, their family and other caregivers with information and counselling related to coping with hearing loss, including:
- Understanding hearing loss
- Consultations and counselling regarding the grief of hearing loss
- Strategies for coping with hearing loss
- How to navigate challenging communication
- Selecting specialized communication equipment such telephones, alarm clocks and television accessories
- Safety assessments for alerting devices to support independent living
- Provide presentations to consumers, family members, caregivers/service providers and the general public on hearing loss
***Hearing care counselling visits are currently being provided virtually.
Our Audiology program offers one-stop access to a full range of services for adults and children with hearing loss. Our audiologists can:
- Provide you with a hearing test to determine if you have hearing loss and if hearing aids or other communication devices may help you
- Help you choose hearing aids that best meet your needs, order them and make sure they fit properly
- Provide instructions on how to use your hearing aids
- Assist with the repair of your hearing aids
- Provide information, support or education to help you adjust to your hearing loss and hearing aids
A physician referral is not required.
Audiology services are provided across Ontario, with several locations in the GTA. See our website for more details.
For Hearing Care Counselling – Individuals age 55+ with hearing loss, their families and caregivers
Audiology Services – all ages
Virtually and various locations across Ontario
Counselling services are free. Fees may apply for devices.