Local Health Integration Networks (LHIN) are not-for-profit community agencies, which are responsible for the direct provision of information and referral services, placement coordination services and case management. CCACs can provide help with three different types of placement:
- Long-term care facility;
- Short-term stay;
- Crisis placement (when the client’s support network has broken down and immediate admission to a long-term care facility is necessary. In this instance the client will be placed in the first suitable facility that becomes available. Clients may transfer to another facility they prefer at a later time).
If clients need services while waiting for placement, CCACs make the necessary referrals and connect them to the appropriate services and service providers. CCACs are funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and governed by government-appointed Boards of Directors.
Individuals over age 18 who have care needs that can be met in a Long-Term Care Home.
Central West LHIN – north Etobicoke,Dufferin County, Caledon, Brampton, Malton, West Woodbridge
Local Health Integration Network / placement
Residents in a long-term care facility are expected to pay the monthly fee determined by the Ontario Ministry of Health. Those who cannot pay the full fee, but qualify for financial assistance, can still be considered for admission.
LHIN responsibilities in placement in long-term care facilities include:
– Determining eligibility for admission
– Assisting clients in finding community-based alternatives
– Managing waiting lists
– Authorizing admission to long-term care facilities
– Short-Term Care/Respite Care in Long-Term Care Facilities Placement (to recover from illness or injury or allow time off for a caregiver)
– Crisis placement occurs when the client’s support network has broken down and immediate admission to a long-term care facility is necessary. In this instance you will be placed in the first suitable facility that becomes available. You may transfer to another facility you prefer at a later time.