Financial Planning

Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee

Fax: 416-314-2619

Private or not for profit agencies that may aid individuals in planning for their financial future. Services are provided by bankers, financial consultants, lawyers, or other professionals. These services may include help with creating Power of Attorney for Property documents. “A Power of Attorney for Property is a legal document that gives someone else the power to act on your behalf. You may give a Power of Attorney for Property if you want someone to help you manage your finances or are worried about becoming unable to manage them. “Property” includes your money, your home (if you own one), and anything else you own.”

Community Legal Education Ontario (CLEO) and Advocacy Centre for the Elderly (ACE), Power of Attorney for Personal Care, March 2001.

Population Served:

Anyone looking for information about Power of Attorney for Property.

Catchment Area:


Service Category:

Financial Planning


Free download of kit.

Service Limitation:

The Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee has produced a Power of Attorney Kit that will help you appoint the person you want to make decisions
for you when you are no longer able to do so for yourself.
For further information visit the Ministry of the Attorney General – Power
of Attorney page

595 Bay Street
Toronto M5G 1M6
Get directions

Transportation Options


Referral Information


    Get In Touch

    * = these are required fields