Short Term Stay
Yee Hong Centre for Geriatric Care - Scarborough McNicoll
Login / Register to claim this listing
Designed to supports clients during recovery from an illness or to provide a respite break for caregivers. These stays are for a short, specified time up to a maximum of days per year.
Adults 18 years and over who require assistance with daily living. Possesses a valid Ontario Health Card.
Have health care needs -including that associated with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias – that cannot be met with any combination of caregiving or community-based services at home. Have health care needs that can be met in a long-term care facility.
Open catchment area
Rates as established by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care for residence in such facilities
-Must originate in a Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) for the Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) area in with the individual resides.
– Individuals may choose to apply to long-term care facilities outside of their own LHIN/LHIN area.
– Applications are made either by approaching the one’s LHIN, or with the assistance of the discharge planning staff of the hospital in which one is being treated for a health condition.
Description of a Long-Term Care Home Dementia Care Unit
– Specifically designated secure access units/floors- for individuals who might be disoriented and liable to wander – include such features as : alarm on unit and on outer door, cameras, key pad controlled access, maglocks, use of wanderguard bracelets, ID bracelets.
– No secure outdoor wandering area or smoking facility is available.
– Short Stay beds are not necessarily located in Dementia unit specifically; Usually up to 2 short stay beds designated at each of the Yee Hong Centres.