What is the study about?
- Study 1 explores whether people with damage to the front of their brain can use their mind to influence their surroundings (displaying what are known as “psi effects”).
- Study 2 examines whether brain stimulation (repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS)) affects the mind’s ability to influence its surroundings.
Eligibility- Who can participate?
- Healthy volunteers must:
- Be 40 years of age or older
- Have no history of or current medical or mental illnesses
- Have no neurological conditions
- Patients must:
- Have damage on one side of their brain (in the front) due to stroke or surgery to remove a benign/non-cancerous brain tumour (e.g., meningioma)
- Be over 20 years of age
- Have no mental illnesses or brain disorders
- About 15 hours of testing over the span of 4-6 visits, depending on participant’s availability
- One visit for two hours
TDRA study investigator
Dr. Morris Freedman